Need Money for College?
Your first step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA. The FAFSA provides access to over $150 billion in grants, loans and work-study funds from the federal government.
Don’t worry if you think you aren’t eligible to receive federal aid, you should still fill out the application to see what you qualify for.
Before you begin, check out this article on the “7 Things You Need Before You Fill Out the 2018-19 FAFSA”
This year’s application for the 2018-19 school year will be available on October 1. Click here to get started today.
Here are some resources to learn more about financial aid:
- Get Help Paying for College
- Types of Federal Student Aid
- 12 Myths About the FAFSA Form and Financial Aid
- Register for an FSA ID
- Complete your FAFSA
- Helpful Federal Student Aid Information
- Student tips – Paying for College
- Parent tips – Paying for College
- Parent’s Guide to Filling out the FAFSA
- Get Educated, How to Fill out the FAFSA
- Five Things to Do After Completing the FAFSA
- What Happens After you Fill out the FAFSA (video)
- Understanding College Costs Chart
- College Cost Calculator
- Financial Aid Handout
- Understanding Financial Aid Award Letters
- The Basics on Grants and Scholarships for College
- University of Hawai‘i, local and national scholarships
- University of Hawai‘i Financial Aid Services
NEW SCHOLARSHIP for University of Hawai‘i Community College Students!
The Hawai‘i Promise Scholarship Program is a need-based scholarship program designed to make college affordable to all qualified Hawai‘i students. The program provides financial assistance to help meet the direct educational costs of University of Hawai‘i (UH) Community College students who are enrolled at least half time in an eligible academic program. The “last dollar” scholarship is based on FAFSA-determined criteria and is applied after all other grants and scholarships have been awarded. It helps fill the financial gap for the direct educational costs of qualified students. Students may be eligible up to the amount of the total cost of UH direct costs including tuition, fees, books, supplies and a standard transportation allowance. Click here to find out more about the Hawai‘i Promise Scholarship.